Dear Indie Birth Supporter!
The first Wise Woman Circle call is THIS Friday. I (Maryn) will be presenting GBS From a Holistic Perspective… an Overview. That’s February 12th, 2pm – 3pm EST. (Call access instructions are located in the Wise Woman Circle Member Area here.)
Here are just a few of the things I’ll be talking about:
- True or False: GBS (Group B Strep) is best described as an “infection” of the vaginal tract.
- True or False: GBS is associated with concurrent Candida (yeast).
- True or False: It may be more prudent to focus on the gut health of a person rather than the vaginal colonization.
- True or False: Midwives practicing the use of vaginal washes to eliminate Group B Strep infection in babies are following well-researched protocol.
- True or False: Group B Strep infection in babies is often present before birth.
My hunch is that most midwives who have not looked very closely at this topic will be very surprised at some of these answers.
If you’re not yet a member of the Wise Woman Circle, please join today. The community is growing by leaps and bounds and it is so exciting to see!
Today, in the secret Facebook® Group that comes with membership, we’re talking about the biggest obstacles standing between each of us and the women we want to serve.
For each person, the obstacle might be a different one. But the GOAL is what we share in common: That goal is to embody the new midwifery paradigm where the WOMAN is the one who holds the power.
Learn more about the Wise Woman Circle here:
We have so many great things coming and we hope you will join us in this special and sacred Circle.
Two more things!
We also have a brand new podcast for you called Does “Routine” Increase Risk in Pregnancy?
And also a new article about “The Void.”
Maryn and Margo
Indie Birth Association